First production got pushed back . Now, it’s been scrapped altogether! Seems like there was way more drama going on behind-the-scenes of Spider Man 4 than we previously knew! Instead of going ahead with the latest installment, Columbia has decided to reboot the franchise. That means no Tobey Maguire or Kiki Drunkst . Plus, a new director! Columbia and Raimi put on a unified front Monday when making the announcement they were parting. „A decade ago we set out on this journey with Sam Raimi and Tobey Maguire, and together we made three Spider-Man films that set a new bar for the genre. When we began, no one ever imagined that we would make history at the boxoffice, and now we have a rare opportunity to make history once again with this franchise. „Peter Parker as an ordinary young adult grappling with extraordinary powers has always been the foundation that has made this character so timeless and compelling for generations of fans. We’re very excited about the creative possibilities that come from returning to Peter’s roots and we look forward to working once again with Marvel Studios, Avi Arad and Laura Ziskin on this new beginning,” Sony Pictures co-chairman Amy Pascal said in a statement. Said Raimi: „Working on the Spider-Man movies was the experience of a lifetime for me. While we were looking forward to doing a fourth one together, the studio and Marvel have a unique opportunity to take the franchise in a new direction, and I know they will do a terrific job.” Oh, the dramz! The new film, which will still be produced by Avi Arad and Laura Ziskin and Marvel Studios, is expected to be released in summer 2012.
Read the article on PerezHilton.com

Spider Man 4 Killed! Film Franchise To Get Reboot!

First production got pushed back . Now, it’s been scrapped altogether! Seems like there was way more drama going on behind-the-scenes of Spider Man 4 than we previously knew! Instead of going ahead with the latest installment, Columbia has decided to reboot the franchise. That means no Tobey Maguire or Kiki Drunkst . Plus, a new director! Columbia and Raimi put on a unified front Monday when making the announcement they were parting. „A decade ago we set out on this journey with Sam Raimi and Tobey Maguire, and together we made three Spider-Man films that set a new bar for the genre. When we began, no one ever imagined that we would make history at the boxoffice, and now we have a rare opportunity to make history once again with this franchise. „Peter Parker as an ordinary young adult grappling with extraordinary powers has always been the foundation that has made this character so timeless and compelling for generations of fans. We’re very excited about the creative possibilities that come from returning to Peter’s roots and we look forward to working once again with Marvel Studios, Avi Arad and Laura Ziskin on this new beginning,” Sony Pictures co-chairman Amy Pascal said in a statement. Said Raimi: „Working on the Spider-Man movies was the experience of a lifetime for me. While we were looking forward to doing a fourth one together, the studio and Marvel have a unique opportunity to take the franchise in a new direction, and I know they will do a terrific job.” Oh, the dramz! The new film, which will still be produced by Avi Arad and Laura Ziskin and Marvel Studios, is expected to be released in summer 2012.
Read the article on PerezHilton.com

Postat de pe data de 31 dec., 2009 in categoria România în lume. Poti urmari comentariile acestui articol prin RSS 2.0. Acest articol a fost vizualizat de 55 ori.

Publica un raspuns